Entry 6
Saturday, May 22, 2004
(
This has been copied from a friend of mine.)
Sometimes, this question often pops up in our heads, haunting us, troubling us. While some people prefer online friends, some other prefer real ones. Here's my little say on online and real friends.
Each of them has pros and cons. Online friends are able to talk at a more personal level. Why? Because we feel safe behind the monitor screen, not having to face the other person and look at their daunting expression. Online friends will never backstab you since there is no point. They wouldn't know who are your other friends unless you tell them so. Backstabbing becomes a pointless thing. Better online friends can provide the comfort needed when one is feeling down. They can offer words of wisdom. But they may not be there whenever you need them.
Real friends on the other hand has a more cruel truth. This is reality, and in reality, most man are selfish. True friends are becoming harder and harder to find. Friends demand much of us, but we too demand much of them. Maybe it is harder to talk at a more intimate level, but confiding in one is still very much possible. Once again, the cruel society is at work when all the backstabbing starts. I can't say I like it all, but we have to learn that our minds ain't innocent. This is reality, a place where everyone backstabs, even us ourselves. Yup... I mean it. People may not realise it, but I strongly believe we have backstabbed before. Question is, to what extent? However, friends can provide the absolute comfort that can rival the love of the family. Friends can too give advice. The plus point is, they will always be there for you except for those super selfish ones.
To me, I prefer my real friends. You can always have fun with your real friends, but the most you can do with an online friend is just joking or online games. Many complain of their friends. That is why good true blue friends are so hard to find. They are the ones who pull you through crisis. They are the additional pillars of our lives.
To end off, I'll like to pay tribute to my closer friends, maybe my true friends. Fitrina, she's a genius! She helped to create ebloggy. Evelyn, always studying smart. Haiguang, 4 years of good friend and been through several crisis. Margaret, somehow, we just click =P. Louis, primary school friend, very very tall. ARGH! Lu Xin, primary school friend, another giant. =S Kailong, kiddy kiddy, sometimes childish but easy-going. Yup. I think that's all. Maybe I missed out one or two. Sorry. =D You guys out there should know how important you are to me =PpP
12:05 AM;